Monday, May 10, 2010

sam and sarah | sneak peek!

this shoot was very special to me.  
for a while, i've been begging my baby brother (sam) and his girlfriend (sarah) to be in a photoshoot for me and i wanted lee to stylize a little somethin special for them, and boy, did she go above and beyond!  
she had it just perfect: some records and record player on the adorable blanket in the middle of an orchard, followed by a little bistro-style dessert table.  
14
13
3
1
well, the shoot was going just swimmingly, when lee asks sam "are there any shot ideas either of you have?", and sam says "yeah, actually . . ." and i was like "wha? my little brother has an idea for a picture? weird.." then out of nowhere, he gets on one knee and freakin proposes!!?  well, i'm a little slow and it honestly took me 30 seconds before i realized it was for real, so here i am just snapping pictures.  when i finally realized it WAS in fact real, i felt SO happy to be a part of it :)  he did such a good job, and of course she said 'yes'!
it was pretty fun to say i got to take part in an actual engagement shoot hehe.
18
6
2
17
10
9
8

after we got over all the excitement, the shoot continued with just a little bit more emotion than the beginning :)  it was wonderful.

see? see what i'm talkin' about?  lee is incredible. 
15
16

i can't wait to post the rest!  BUT i promised myself i would finish the pictures from sean and chloe's shoot and post those first (in the next few days!! woot!).


lee and i are really excited about doing these stylized couple shoots, so if anyone is interested in shoots like these, please email me ASAP! (madelynethomas@gmail.com).

25 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I nearly cried! I also just read out what you said to my boss and now there's a whole bunch of cooing happening in my office.

    Congratulations, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. i know i am crazy and that comment was super gay but i am your sister so it's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhhh!!!! ahhhhhh!!! i have no words. ahhhhh!!!!! love them... ahhhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything about it was beautiful. Sam, Sarah, the setting, Lee's work, the emotions and your wonderful pictures. I did cry. My little grandson is all grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! Maddie, you seriously have the best looking family. It must something in that Utah water! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. maddie this are incredible! I'm so happy for sam! they look so happy together! gorgeous!!! can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a sap - I nearly cried. :)

    Such gorgeous photos Maddie! And what a sweet sweet proposal.

    Aw... tears are starting again...

    And I would LOVE to have a stylized shoot! One day... :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gloriously beautiful! I'm with Chloe ahhhhhh!!! What an awesome thing to have been a part of and oh my goodness... these are the most rockin' ENGAGEMENT pictures ever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome, totally got me all teary eyed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your whole family is uber beautiful. I heard about this on twitter...glad you posted! Amazing layout :) Why can't that kind of stuff happen to me? LOL. good job maddie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful photos ! and so so neat that you captured the proposal!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful photo shoot Lee and Maddie! And what a gorgeous couple. That is the cutest engagement story ever and so cool that you got to catch it Maddie. Congrats to the pretty couple!

    ReplyDelete
  13. AMAAAAAZING Maddie! I've been waiting to see these ever since your Twitter post! They are stunning, you captured the moment perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maddie once again... beautiful job!!! They are such a darling couple, yay for them! And what a surprise, haha, loved that story! Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay, after seeing a stylized shoot I am so excited to do one! You are so amazing and these pictures are beautiful. That's so special that you were able to capture the engagement. They are seriously a beautiful couple.

    ReplyDelete
  16. seriously? seriously. I just cried. Those pictures are priceless & with your writing I felt like I was actually experiencing the shock of my little brother proposing. AWESOME. The styling was gorgeous too. I want to sit at that table and eat those cupcakes.

    Can you email or message me and tell me where this orchard is?!?

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are so amazing! The green. The records. The blankets. The books. Table. EVERYTHING!
    You are amazing Maddie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. THAT is one of the neatest engagement stories EVER. good job to sam! LOVE the shots of it all, too, love the idea of the stylized couple shots. good job, maddie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG!!! That is so cute! Also a very creative way to propose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute pictures! I can't believe Sam is getting married!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. that is the sweetest thing ever! you did a great job capturing the moment for them, maddie! they were so lucky to have you there. :) i can't believe that's your BABY brother though! you look like the younger sister! guys should look older than girls though. it's only fair.

    and do you know how much i wish we lived in the same area??? i would LOVE a shoot of me and levi done by you and lee! you guys are an amazing team! lee did such an incredible job on this shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh! How incredibly sweet! And how special that this all got captured by you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay for your brother and fiance! She is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love these! Amazing lighting, couple, and story. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh!!! That is so friggin adorable. I love how you can see her bare finger in the first photo, and then as you scroll down the pictures tell the story. That was my one regret when we got engaged - I left my camera in the car! So I'm sure those pictures will be priceless to them.

    Your photography rules by the way. The themed shoot is a great idea to add some of the couples' personal touches!

    ReplyDelete