Saturday, December 13, 2008

in the past few weeks . .

first, the gingerbread house creation.  this was the day after Thanksgiving.  it's really quite sad that 6 adults can't make a decent gingerbread house.  oh well, it was a lot of fun and got us all into the holiday spirit!

sean, chloe, tara, jeremy, derrick



as soon as we set up the left side of the roof, it broke almost instantly :(




i also got some new things :)  my new compact digital camera: a canon powershot SD880 IS elph.  a week earlier, i bought a nikon coolpix, and let me save you some time, that camera SUCKS!  i own a nikon digital SLR that i use for my photography, and i LOVE it, but that compact camera was no bueno, whatsoever.  the pictures looked awful.  the guy at inkley's thought i was crazy, but you'll see in some later pics that it was not a good camera.  

my octopus charm i purchased off etsy! i can't wait to find a cool chain to put it on.

my new favorite ring. it's holly hobby, isn't it adorable??  i have been wearing it constantly since the day i got it.  also purchased on etsy from a shop called ragtrader
you can find the cutest things in her shop!


me and my boy.  we went to his work party at la caille, he looked so handsome all dressed up!  and i'm so happy he cut his hair.  sorry babe, but it looks so much better short.  and it only took 10 months of nagging to get you to do it. 

our table sat 6 people.  but there were about 24 drinks scattered about it.  i don't quite understand why.  


this was outside of the restaurant at la caille.  it was gorgeous, all decorated for christmas!

i had to take a picture of this because WTF?  i want to know the genius who designed my '97 ford contour.  it has ONE cup-holder.  ONE.  and it's a piece of crap that folds down into the console.  and it's broken.  snapped like a toothpick! so i basically have no cup-holder.


this is me and the beautiful lee at sam's championship football game!  he did soooooo good.  unfortunately they lost in double overtime.  but he was definitely the star with two or three touchdowns!  and two called back.  he did awesome! :)


this was the friday night before the game.  a bunch of us went to the laser floyd show in salt lake at the clark planetarium and then went to the pie for pizza!  it was so much fun, i love my friends :)





an example of the bad pics from the nikon coolpix camera.  i just think it blew things out really weird . . . it puts weird patterns on clothing, etc.  the guy said "maybe it's because it's just REALLY REALLY in focus.  these cameras are awesome with focusing".  sorry buddy, i want the camera that doesn't make my cotton shirt look like really thick corduroy.  thanks for trying though.


also, it's getting cold out there :(  i really don't like winter.  i snapped this picture of chloe scraping the windshield one morning before work.  burrrrr!

4 comments:

  1. your photography is so lovely! i wish i had a decent camera! p.s. i'm a little bit more than jealous of that octopus!!! i've seen a few of them around and have been dying for one!

    good luck with the business!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness.
    Is that my brother...?

    He does look pretty darn good.
    as do you, as always.

    I had a coolpix once. haha. It wasn't too bad, but im no photographer. ha

    Your pics are awesome. I love the one with the camera. So cool. And that RING! oh man. That is Soooo neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddie- Grandma Dallyne gave me your blog. It is great to take a peak into your fun life. If you want to see into my mundane world email me at rloveridge@tconl.com and I will send you an invite. Also, does mckenzie or tara blog? I would love to get the links if they do. I have Chloe's already. How exciting for the upcoming wedding. I hope all goes well and you have a great christmas. I look forward to hearing from you. luv- cousin Ronda via Shane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not cold here...it is 70 plus degrees. Gotta love Texas. Cute pics Maddie.

    ReplyDelete