Wednesday, December 9, 2009

dear blog.

sorry i've been so absent the past week, i've been oh so sick with a cold/flu.
i spent 3 full days in solitary confinement, being avoided by everyone
because they were afraid of getting sick.  i managed to go two whole days
without a verbal conversation with anyone (except maybe myself), drank little to no
coffee, and i ate soup for almost every meal.
except for tuesday.
i wanted wendy's chicken nuggets on tuesday.  i wanted them so bad.  i would have given my left
boob for chicken nuggets.  luckily my little brother is a sweetheart (sometimes), and he
went and got me wendy's (of course i didn't give my left boob for them, that's gross. just my debit card.).
i also got caught up on grey's anatomy. would you believe i watched 11 hours of the show on monday??
yeah, i know it's crazy, and the whole time i kept thinking something more serious was wrong
with me and that i was going to die of cancer or something.

today i managed to get into work, but by the end of the day, i was wiped.
now, i'm back in bed watching Dog the Bounty Hunter and Cold Case while feeling sorry for myself.

do any of you get super emotional when you're sick?  i do.
i literally become a mess.  i cry, i whine, i think about all of the healthy
life-style changes i'm going to make when i feel better . . .

on a lighter note, i've got some photo-shoot posts coming this week that i'm excited about!
now, if i could just get feeling better!

i think i may just take a hot bath, drink some raspberry tea, and pop in a movie.

goodnight!

8 comments:

  1. oh i'm so sorry! i hate being sick! i hope you get back to 100% soon! i love watching dog the bounty hunter. they are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that sounds horrible, maddie! poor you. :(

    and i totally get super emotional when i'm sick too. in fact, that's usually the first sign that i'm sick - i get really sensitive and cry at the drop of a hat. being sick sucks on so many levels - physical, emotional, mental. it's just awful. take lots of time to rest, and enjoy as much tv and movie time as you need! i hope you're back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am sorry you are sick :( i am sitting next to you and i feel bad for you and think you should go home. yep, i said it :) you don't need to feel guilty to ask. we all can tell you are sick! haha and i have seen a few of dog the bounty hunter. it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skyler wouldn't be Dog two Halloween's ago and I still wanted to be Beth, but he wouldn't let me... For obvious reasons..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry! I hope you feel better! I remember one time I felt so sick that I thought it would be be better to die (lol, i know, that's so dramatic but I was like 14 or something) and then the song "You get what you give" by New Radicals came on and it's all "don't give up you've got a reason to live!"
    LOL, you should listen to it. It made me feel better and made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been sickly too. feel better. i love dog the bounty hunter. like a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. being sick is lame.

    i get super emotional.

    although...i get super emotional about a lot of things, so maybe that doesn't mean anything.

    hmmmm......

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry you don't feel good!

    I have the cold/flu/whatever is going around. I don't get so much whiney but emotional like you, too!

    Ever since I went vegan, I didn't take my vitamins as much as I should have and I got hit hard.

    I hope you are feeling better, and watching cheesy movies to make the time pass. Doesn't it suck being ill around the holidays? I feel like I got a few days stolen, boo.

    ReplyDelete