Wednesday, February 24, 2010

utah county wedding photographer-a week of sneak peeks i guess! :)

hello friends! and thank you all for your sweet sweet comments yesterday :)

i've been busy the past few weeks!  it's been so amazing, and i'm so excited for the changing seasons; spring can't get here fast enough!

meet scott and elise.
elise contacted me through my twin sister, chloe, a few months ago about getting some bridal pictures done with her and her husband, scott.  to tell you honestly, i could not have been more thrilled!  they seemed like such a sweet, fun couple from their blog, i knew from the beginning we were gonna have some fun!
due to some bad weather a few weekends ago, we had to cancel the shoot (because who wants to get all drenched when you're in an expensive, gorgeous dress with your hair and make-up all did?? nobody.  that's who), so we thought we'd try again for the following saturday.
well, i sleep in a basement bedroom, and when i woke up the morning of our shoot, i could see falling snow just building up on the leaves in my window well. so i thought "oh great, stupid weather. . .".
i texted elise to ask her what she thought of the weather conditions, and apparently it was pretty sunny and nice up in salt lake city, so things were definitely still a go!

when we met up at the SLC temple, it was definitely sunny out, but man, it was NOT very warm.  poor elise was just freezing up! but who knew she could totally whip out the model fierce-ness and look totally stunning anyway?  she totally killed it.  she knows it.  i know it.  scott definitely knows it!

2
3
1


. . . needless to say, i can't wait to finish editing these.

this week has been wonderful.  i'm in the process of editing 3 shoots (obviously i can't keep them to myself and just do one at a time),  and just i've just been getting a lot of tasks accomplished and getting big plans sorted out for the coming months.

my friend lee and i are planning some awesome and totally stylized bridal and engagement shoots, so if any of you are shopping around for wedding photographers and are interested in doing something a little bit edgy and different, please shoot me an email at madelynethomas@gmail.com.

well, back to work! have a wonderful night everyone!

xoxo,
maddie

p.s. . . .

1

i wish i was brave enough to wear these fake glasses in public.  if i had to wear glasses, i totally would get frames like this.  stupid 20/20 vision!

7 comments:

  1. oh my gosh. these turned out AMAZING. elise is stunning and i can't wait to see the rest of these pictures! holy crap! amazing!

    and since we are twins and all, i will take your 20/20 vision and you can have my blind eyes. deal? how did i get the wrong end of the stick?

    p.s. post more pics of elise and scott!!

    p.s.s. DYHTM?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yay!!!! Maddie- I love them. My "serious" face looks like I'm ready to kill someone- maybe I should practice on that. Lol. Beautiful work Maddie. Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maddie! I hope this isn't creepy. I used to work with you, Chloe and your brother Sam at Hogi Yogi. and I remember one day you were doing chicken bowls downstairs and you came up and fainted and I was standing right there, haha random story! I dunno if you remember me or not. And I also work with Elise, SHE IS BEAUTIFUL! and the pictures turned out perfect! I always read your blog, but this is my first time commenting! you take fabulous pictures! and you are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have 20/20 vision?? Grrr ;)

    I love the photos you took, amazing!!

    You are dynamite, Maddie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have those same glasses. I'll wear them with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be brave, and wear your glasses in public. I totally used to wear fake glasses in public but still tell people they were real. Now I hate wearing my REAL glasses/contacts.
    Your hair look adorable in those pictures, I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete