Wednesday, February 10, 2010

wednesday.

so, despite what it looks like here on the blog, i've been quite busy lately! although, maybe my lack of posting could make one think that anyway.
mostly, i've been taking time to go through old photos, and practice my editing.  i don't know how many photographers out there read my lonely little blog, but finding an editing style is tough, am i right?!  i'm drawn to so many different styles myself, and i feel like the more i've tried to find one that feels like me, the more lost i am and the more i hate my pictures.  and i almost feel like i've consistently been getting worse.
so.  that's what i've been working on lately.  finding my creative self, planning photoshoots for when the warm weather finally comes, thinking about business models, contracts, pricing, where i want to take this whole photography thang . . . blah!

in much happier, more exciting news, i bought a new laptop!  it's not here yet, but i'm oh so excited :)
my macbook runs photoshop SO terribly slow, so i bought a PC back in april that has made all of the difference in the world!  my new laptop will supposedly run just as fast as my desktop because it's chalk-full of all sorts of amazing hardware (lots of parts with lots of big words that all equal AWESOMENESS!! i'm really not computer-savvy, but luckily my BF is)!!  so, now i can edit other places than my freezing cold basement bedroom (sometimes i call it "the cave").  i can actually sit upstairs in my house, where there are people, or i can go to barnes and noble, or get together with people to work on things . . .  i'm very excited :)

well, i'm off for now, but maybe another post later tonight? we'll see.

much love <3

xoxo
-maddie

4 comments:

  1. Hey Maddie!

    I understand the editing thing. I can NEVER make up my mind, and one shoot can end up looking like a hundred different photographers were there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on your new computer!!! that's really exciting.

    i miss you loads!!! hope you're well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love MAC makeup too! The shadows are fab-U-lous!! I only own about 20 though, you've got me beat. They are about 16 euro a pop over here. Eeek! But sooooo wonderful at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you edit! I don't think you need to "find your style" whatsoever. It seems to me that you've already found it. But it is extremely fun to play around anyway.

    I usually find that I like photos pretty close to the way they are suppose to be, of course with just a little leveling, contrasting, and curving. Those are my basics. Unless I am vintaging then I'll use the 'selective color' layer, and play around with the tones.

    I think I say this in every single comment, but honestly, and now that you have a lap top; we should SO get together!!! I can't express the desire enough.

    ReplyDelete