Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Monsoon season.

3blog
2blog
1blog

The weather around here has been awesome lately.  Rolling thunder storms at 5 a.m., lightning flickering across the sky for hours on end . . .
I was sitting in my basement bedroom listening to the thunder, but I decided what better place to get some work done than out on the front porch with my laptop? :)
As we speak, I'm watching the sky change all sorts of amazing colors, flashing here and there, casting an amazing glow onto the mountain side . . .
The thunder is my favorite part though :)  I'm sure everyone loves thunder.  I don't know anyone who doesn't.  Except maybe dogs.  And young children.

Tonight is a night of studying, researching, maybe a little editing and blogging.  Who knows, maybe a good movie or TV show, and a long hot bath and off to bed early!  This month is going to be crazy busy in almost all areas of my life, so I'm just going to soak up the calm before the storm.  During an actual storm.  Ha!  I'm so cheesy.

XOXO
Maddie

(Oooh! Crashing thunder just as I'm hitting "Publish"! Love this!)

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to our storm season coming up over Christmas and New Year. I LOVE these lightning photos! You are amazing! I've never been able to get lightning shots so far! It's on my to do list...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the storm at 5 am. I wasn't even mad it woke me up because it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been loving the monsoon weather too. A crazy storm hit up north at like 2 in the morning and it was so loud it totally woke me up. I'm glad that you caught some of the lighting with your camera, they are great shots! The thunder is my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that is so awesome!!! Where did you take those!? Can I buy a print from you?

    ReplyDelete