Monday, August 23, 2010

Sam and Hal | Stylized Couples Shoot

Warning: LOTS of photos ahead!

This is Sam and Hal :)
Sam contacted me about doing a stylized shoot for she and Hal, and as soon as I saw their pictures, the ideas started brewing . . .
Sam had this gorgeous vintage black dress that she was dying to wear for the shoot, and after I saw the picture of it, I totally thought "OMG, Audrey Hepburn!".  This dress is actually what inspired us to go with a French theme!
Lee came up with the props and ideas for a French-countryside theme, and boy did she do a brilliant job!  With her ideas, I was able to come up with some outfit ideas for the couple to give it just a tad more Parisian flare (which I had a BLAST doing!).

Sam and Hal are beautiful, sweet, stylish . . . I can't even describe how easy this shoot was.
samandhal-  (1)
samandhal-  (2)
samandhal-  (12)
samandhal-  (3)
samandhal-  (4)
samandhal-  (5)
samandhal-  (6)
samandhal-  (7)
samandhal-  (8)
samandhal-  (9)
samandhal-  (10)
samandhal-  (11)
samandhal-  (13)
samandhal-  (14)
samandhal-  (15)
samandhal-  (16)
samandhal-  (17)
samandhal-  (18)
samandhal-  (19)
samandhal-  (20)
samandhal-  (21)
samandhal-  (22)
samandhal-  (23)
samandhal-  (24)

And this is the dress that inspired it all!
samandhal-  (25)
samandhal-  (26)
samandhal-  (27)
samandhal-  (28)
samandhal-  (29)
samandhal-  (30)
samandhal-  (31)
samandhal-  (32)
samandhal-  (33)

Well, I'm supposed to be taking the week off of photography-related things . . . mainly because we shot 3 weddings in 10 days on top of full-time jobs, and with work being all I do lately, I've grounded myself from photography for a few days. So I'm going to go try to relax.

Can anyone recommend some fun shows for me to watch??

Hope everyone is great!

-Maddie

8 comments:

  1. These photos are absolutely stunning! And wow, she is gorgeous! Beautiful eyes. They are such a photogenic couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I just watched Julie & Julia - it goes perfectly with this post! :) I think I'm at the beginning of a love affair with food photography... :D

    This is so sweet and so wonderful. I love it! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay maddie you are amazing, you made us look so good. I'll have to update our blog and put some photos of this permanently on our blog and all of the credit goes to you! I'm so thankful that you and lee did this shoot for us, it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that he is not wearing shoes!!! Seriously love that! Very nice :) ONe of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are the cutest couple. I love her dress, hat and shoes. They look so in love. The food looks so delicious. Great job. love grandma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sam is GORGEOUS!! I love her freckles and I can almost hear her laughing in these pictures (although we've never met!). I just adore her and I think you showcased her sweet personality so well. Beautiful photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job. i'm obsessed with her freckles. super cute. love that bike too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sam's so gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful pictures...plus I love that Hal's barefoot! :) You caputred these two lovelies so beautifully...great job.

    ReplyDelete