Sunday, August 1, 2010

The sky was on fire . . .

The sky was incredible tonight. It was around 8 PM and I was in my bedroom, which is in the basement, just waking up from a nice Sunday nap, and I noticed my room was glowing this gold, orange color. It was unlike anything I have ever experienced.  I made Jeremy wake up and I ran upstairs and straight out to the front porch where my parents were sitting, and I was almost breathless at how amazing the sky looked. The entire neighborhood was glowing. It was truly amazing. The clouds were changing every few seconds, the colors shifting -- I was almost scared to run downstairs and grab my camera because I didn't know what I would miss. I'm glad I did get my camera. I wish I had it the entire 20 minutes I was out there. I'm not a religious person, but the experience was what I would describe as spiritual . . .
blog1
blog2

Did any local readers see this?! What did you think?

8 comments:

  1. I saw this toward the end...still amazing. It was more purple and pink by the time I saw it tho. So beautiful. Great pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, nick and I were reading together on the couch when it lit up our whole living room... SO pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I woke up from a nap as well and glanced out the window to see the sky. So lovely, I love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was climbing. And in the canyon we had purple and blue too. It was crazy how orange the light suddenly went where we were. Twas pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maddie! My name is Amber Z. Every now and then I take a look at your blog. You captured great pics of the beautiful Sarah Francis, a friend of mine from High School. Ever since I first looked at her engagement pictures, I haven't been able to get enough of your photography and the personality which seeps through it. I love all of your pictures for their creativity and preciseness-if that's a word-. Anyway, I too have noticed the sky this August. Amazing!
    Keep stayin strong, I noticed you mention how busy you are, you'll be rewarded one day for this hard work. And maybe you'll be the one coming down in those type of gold clouds. haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AmberZ you totally made my day :) Thank you so much for your sweet sweet comment! You have no idea. I was feelin a bit down the other day, and this just gave me a HUGE boost. Thank you AmberZ and thank you ALL OF YOU! Love you.

    ReplyDelete