Friday, February 13, 2009

as many of you know . . .

i got a new camera :)  it's a canon 5d mark ii.  i only got it yesterday, so i haven't had a whole lot of time to take good pictures, but i've been practicing on it like crazy, mostly testing lighting, iso's, shutter speeds, etc.; learning the ins and outs.  i think i may be in love.




the pictures i posted were just some practice shots.  basically i went outside and took pictures of whatever i could, not putting too much thought into each one, just trying to get images i could upload onto my computer to check out the clarity, color, etc.  
i decided to mess with them a bit, give them that old, expired-film look, just for fun.
hopefully i will get a chance to get out and take more than just practice shots tomorrow. weather permitting :)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! Bring it over, so I can see it! You know I love this sort of thing.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddy- Your just goofing around shots look like they belong in a magazine. I especially like the effect in the back yard. I think I would be inlove too. Keep up your practice, you have a gift. R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Maddie.

    I was wondering, as a photographer, how you made the 'expired film look'. I've been messing around in photoshop for a while and can't seem to make my images look old, like yours.

    I'd love your expertise. If you could respond on facebook or my blog that would be wonderful. :)

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete