Tuesday, March 3, 2009

it's here.

i think i have the sweetest, cutest, grandpa in the world. i know you probably think yours is great, too, and i'm sure he is! but my grandpa will always have a special place in my heart :)

it just so happens i have VERY talented grandparents. my grandma dallyne makes amazing jewelry. she could sell it and be rich by now, but she's so generous and just ends up giving it all away. not gonna lie, i get a great majority of my jewelry from her ;)  every piece she's ever given me has deep sentimental value.  i will do a photo shoot for her jewelry very soon.  she's starting an etsy shop!

my grandpa dave makes beautiful furniture.  everything he's ever made is perfect,  from what i can tell.  a couple of months ago, i decided i needed a desk.  i want something i can sit quietly at and paint or draw, write, edit photos, etc.  i thought i would take a shot and ask grandpa dave if he would be interested in building me a desk.  and he was :)  and it has been a good bonding experience for us.  i got to go with him to choose the wood, if you remember from this post, and we chose black walnut.  you can see in the pictures from my old post that the wood, at first, is not much to look at.  but the work my grandpa did with it is absolutely breath-taking . . .  just see for yourself:

IMG_1891IMG_1890
IMG_1865
IMG_1850
IMG_1863
(sorry for the yellow-ish pictures!  i took these at 11:30 at night and my bedroom has horrible lighting!)

he even added a drafting piece for me, so i can draw at an angle! i think it's one of my the most important things i will ever own. thank you so much, grandpa! i knew it would be beautiful, but i never imagined this!  this pictures don't nearly do it justice.  it's gorgeous. i will treasure it forever.

now i will be shopping for a nice chair to go with it! :)  anyone have any good ideas?

also, i have tons of pictures from torrey i will post this week.  the reason i went to torrey was to pick up my desk!  it was a really fun weekend, just what i needed.  and i'm glad i got to spend so much time with my grandpa.

well, it's about bed-time for me!  goodnight! 
me and grandpa :)
(isn't grandpa dave the cutest???)

4 comments:

  1. Aren't Grandpa's the best?! I miss mine terribly, he was an artist and just fabulous. Your desk is GORGEOUS, I am very jealous! It kind of puts my post yesterday about wanting a desk to shame... Well done Grandpa Dave! Love it love it love it. Oh and can't wait to see your grandma's jewellery... yay for pretty things!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are amazing aren't they? I was lucky enough to have them as parents. Great post Maddie. Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is the cutest. I fell in love with him the first time I met him. I just had to work on falling in love with shane after that. Some people are born great and some have to marry into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im jealous.

    I wish I could make that good of furniture ish stuff...someday

    ReplyDelete