Wednesday, March 18, 2009

my night in

tonight, i spent the night in.  work has been stressful, so it was just the remedy i needed.  first, i started to edit more wedding photos.  but that got boring kind of quick.  sorry chloe and sean.  i decided to make some bean-dip (my own recipe, of course) instead.  it goes like this:

1/2 of an avocado.

IMG_1346


1/2 of a tomato.  diced, salted and peppered. 

IMG_1347


2 spoonfuls of sour cream.


1 spoonful of lay's ranch chip dip.

IMG_1348

1 can of black beans.


IMG_1352

then you mix it all together and eat with tortilla chips. yum!  i also like to refrigerate it for a bit, to make it extra cold.  but it's definitely not necessary.

IMG_1355
the best part is the look on people's faces when they see the final product.  it's not the prettiest dip, by any means.  but it really is tasty!  i've converted many.  so there ya go!  if you're ever in the mood for a good bean dip, this one is the bee's knees.

after i made my bean dip, i decided to pull out my watercolors.  i have had these color pallets floating around in my head; colors for spring and summer, for possible photo-shoots, clothing, painting, knitting, whatever!  so i decided to get them painted out to bring myself inspiration.  i will post those soon, i have only finished a few.

IMG_1358
IMG_1360
IMG_1382
IMG_1386
IMG_1387
IMG_1388
IMG_1390
IMG_1391
IMG_1392
IMG_1357
also, i bought a hot-water bottle tonight.  i like to put it on my feet while i sit at my desk.  my room tends to get a little chilly, so it keeps my toes warm.  i have one at work as well.  might seem weird, but if you suffer from "constantly cold feet" like i do, it's a godsend :)

goodnight!

p.s. i promise i will post more wedding photos soon!


3 comments:

  1. I stayed in tonight too! Feels good sometimes. Yea for painting!!

    -Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my kind of night. And the dip was really good!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your macro pics. You have quite the eye.

    ReplyDelete