Tuesday, June 16, 2009

because they're green and leafy.

i'm so happy to hear that some of you are interested in my photo challenge! it might have seemed odd to have a photo challenge in which you are going to photograph trees. because trees are boring, right?
wrong.

i have an unhealthy obsession for trees. i watch for them everywhere i go.
i'm not sure why, but they are so fascinating to me. i have several favorites of mine all around town. i plan on driving to all of them to take their pictures.


(photo credit) (<---p.s. what a fun blog that is!)


if you need tips, here is what my main focus will be (for my own personal practice):

-to practice perfecting my light settings

-color temperature

-and gain better control of the focus on my telephoto lens

if there are any skills you feel you want to work on, maybe list some, and use the tree photographs to practice that.


if you are just doing the challenge for fun, try to capture a mood.

i have many more challenges in mind, i'm super excited for what's to come! :)


on monday, when you have your pictures, if you want, you can email them to me, post them on your blog and comment to me with your link, or just comment about your experience. anything really.


i'm really looking forward to what you can come up with!


jeremy has already agreed to come on a tree-photographing-adventure with me, so i'm excited about that. maybe we will find a good one for picnics!

also, i need help from anybody who reads my blog: any good music suggestions for the summer? i'm trying to create a summer music playlist, or even a variety of playlists, so any suggestions are wanted and welcome.

tata for now!

-m.e.


p.s. click here for a list of totally magnificent trees! :)

1 comment:

  1. ahh, you and i have so much in common. i'm really wondering why it took us so many years of living in the same neighborhood to discover it aross the ocean.

    Oh, yes, and 'Happy Birthday!'

    ReplyDelete