Thursday, June 25, 2009

taking care of business.


so, a while back, i asked lee if she would design me some business cards, etc., and let me tell you, she came up with the CUTEST ideas!

these are my new business cards!
they're mini polaroids :)

the front of each business card says:
maddie e. photography
maddie thomas-photographer
biz cards 036


then the back of the cards lists my information and the different types of photo shoots we offer.

-portraits
-engagements
-bridals
-weddings
-families
-advertising
biz cards 016
and then my blog address is typed at the bottom.


biz cards 012
biz cards 008
i loove them!


most of my nights in the past little while have been spent editing, but also researching what i need to be doing at this point in my photography to get where i'm headed.
i'm grateful to have lee, who has been helping me BIG time with everything, despite what she says/thinks. she'll never know how valuable she is to this developing business.
also, jeremy, my bf, is interested in joining our team :)
i took him on a few wedding photoshoots a few weeks ago, and he said he had a blast AND he actually got some really great shots using my other camera!
i think we're going to have a killer company soon!

hopefully, in the next few weeks, we will launch our first official price list!



for now, we will be charging:


$150 for 1-2 hours for the photo session
30-40 of the best shots, high resolution, fully-edited images given to the client on a disc
until we can get a proofing system set up, we will be choosing the best images (don't worry, you will get the BEST of the images, promise!).

call maddie at 801-735-8059 or email to madelynethomas@gmail.com for pricing on wedding days, etc.


there will be a much more detailed price list soon, when we work out all of the packages, add-ons, etc.



anywho, enough of that :)
this has been a really good week.
work at the mortgage company has FINALLY slowed just a bit.
and each of the nights this week have been quite enjoyable.
last night, jeremy gave me my birthday present which is an AWESOME camera/equiptment back-pack that holds pretty much everything, including the kitchen sink. it's so big, i could probably sleep in it.
it's going to be SO helpful.
also, i made him go outside and take pictures for a while with me, which was really fun,
then we went inside and made homemade pizza, leftover from the party on saturday (best party EVER by the way! i will post pictures soonish).

well, that's all i have for tonight :)

goodnight!

-m.e.

7 comments:

  1. Maddie it is great to see your business grow and grow! Keep up the good work! I LOVE the business cards, they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Loooove them too!! I can really see a maddie e. and måke photographie colaberation happening in the future. Although, I don't have ANY business cards and they definately wouldn't be as cute as yours if I did.

    Good prices. I'm going to up mine this instant.

    I think your style is WONDERFUL by the way. I'd LOVE for you to come to Germany and do my take two bridals. Are you planning a Euopean vacation soon? Ha ha.

    I'm proud of you and really envy your ambition. My business is SO SLOW! And I don't even have a camera any more. It died. :( Sad news.

    Happy Shooting!

    -mckenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your business cards...such a great idea :-) Have a great weekend, much love: Evi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your business cards. Good luck with your business. I am excited for you and inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh! your business cards are the cutest things i've ever seen! i LOVE them!! way to go, maddie! you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING! I totally love them they're fabulous! so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are amazing. you did a great job on these!

    ReplyDelete