Wednesday, June 3, 2009

on tuesday.

june 2 frolic in the yard-2 012 june 2 frolic in the yard-2 006

june 2 frolic in the yard-2 005
june 2 frolic in the yard-2 004
june 2 frolic in the yard-2 003
frolic in the yard 030 frolic in the yard 029
frolic in the yard 026 frolic in the yard 024
frolic in the yard 022
frolic in the yard 019
frolic in the yard 018
frolic in the yard 013
frolic in the yard 014
frolic in the yard 012
frolic in the yard 009
frolic in the yard 007
frolic in the yard 004
frolic in the yard 003
frolic in the yard 002
sometimes, well, most of the time, i come home from work completely exhausted. yesterday was one of those days. working full-time at a job completely unrelated to photography, and trying to become a photographer professionally is quite hard when you're this tired! but, i can't make excuses for myself because i know i'm not the only one in this position. and you can't really get where you want to be with out hard work, trials, and dedication.
lately, my skills as a (trying) photographer have been on my mind lately . . . what could i do to feel better, become better, produce better images??
practice of course!
i've been concerned about the warmth, quality, and crispness of my photos. they aren't always as sharp as i want them to be, and i think it's because i don't set up for my shots before i take them. i just snap away. and that's fine sometimes, but, as i said, i was lacking in the sharpness i'd been hoping to achieve. so yesterday, instead of taking my usual after work nap, i forced myself to grab my camera, go outside, and work with lighting, composition, and PATIENCE: setting up for the shot, holding my hands steady, really putting my focus into the image and not just taking a picture just to take a picture.
i know that it's a little bit more difficult to do that with people because both subject and photographer will move a little bit. but i just want to be more conscious of it. and i figured telling other people might help me to remember better when i'm out on a shoot.
thanks for listening blog, you're the best!
anyone out there have any helpful advice for a trying photographer? it would be greatly appreciated!

8 comments:

  1. Isn't my bike cute?

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute bike!
    the only advice? keep shooting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots Maddie! I understand the feeling of wanting to perfect your craft but I truly believe that you have such a great way of looking at the world that I always enjoy a new take on things when I see your pics. They make me happy. Keep on shooting you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel this exact way every day. Seriously, why can't we just be photographers? I can't wait for Chloe's bridal session coming up- but really, it surely takes patience in setting up the picture, and not just snapping away. I've just learned this in the last year and still remind myself every session to remember it. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maddie..you ROCK the camera. Seriously!

    PS I think I'm gonna need a large print of Frolic 007 for my wall. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What the heck is Frolic 007? Anyways, I like the dog house picture. It really must be time to get rid of it.

    I also like the single rose with no background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the pictures!!! They're so bright and crisp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE those pictures, i know you are putting a lot in to them, but you really are just a natural at catching the perfect and most unique shot. i have heard more than a few people who have mentioned how they love seeing things a whole new way because of how you take your shots. you are doing awesome, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete