Monday, May 11, 2009

feeling a bit like this today:

lost and flying away

feeling a little lost and uneasy today, like i could fly away for a few days.

we're being forced out of our house (AGAIN!!) in a few days so that our house can be repaired from the flood damage last month.
can i just tell you that it feels like we've been working on our house for the past 6 months? and actually, that's pretty much the case. we had it completely re-carpeted, painted, bought new furniture, etc. back in march (that's about when it was mostly finished), then suddenly, last month, disaster strikes. we have a huge flood! so, now we are going to have it re-carpeted again, new bathroom floors and vanities, new wood floors upstairs, and i need new bedding because, lucky for me, the ceiling above my bed broke and released a monsoon right onto my bed.
sorry for the vent session. i've been trying to hold it together for the past few weeks. i know it could have been MUCH worse. i just hate moving. and that's what i'm supposed to be doing right now. i thought i would take a break from packing up my room (that i feel like i JUST unpacked) to vent to you, dear blog.

so the thomas family will be holed up in a hotel room for about a week and a half, starting wednesday. i get to share a room with my brother. woot.

what's worse than having to go to work in the morning?
waking up in a hotel room and remembering you're NOT on vacation. you're staying in a hotel room. with your brother. with no (free) internet, i assume. and you don't get to go and lay out by the nice pool all day. you get to go to work. then you get to come back to a hotel room. where your brother will probably be. all night. (**i really get along with my brother. i just like my personal space)

blah. sorry blog. really. just had to get that out of my system. i'll try to keep the complaining to a minimum.



i did get a new computer and chair at work. so there's a plus.

my new lens gets here wednesday.

the insurance company is covering all of our food when we're in the hotel, so maybe i will eat some good food :)

work isn't SUPER slammed right now.

i get to re-organize my room again, make sure i threw out everything i don't need anymore.

it's a nice day outside.

i discovered some fun blogs today.


so. there you go, blog. i had some things to be thankful for and stay positive about :)

i feel much better.

5 comments:

  1. I walked by your house today and felt sad for you. But look at it this way, now you get to have a maid make your bed every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New blogs?! Do share! ...and your room at Casa de Lee awaits you if you need it! Hang in there..it'll be nice to have a new bathroom and bedding!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a good vent will do wonders. honestly, you have A LOT of legitimate stuff to complain about right now. i would be so bummed if my house flooded, and i had to deal with all that. try to enjoy the hotel as much as possible. hang in there, maddie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one really understands how awful this really is. I feel like I am hanging on by a thread. At least the wood guy was cute! I wish I could just go to sleep for a couple of weeks and wake up in my room when it is all done. It would be better if we could pretend we were on vacation. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love how clean hotels are and you get to stay by a pool so you can journal, take lots of cool photos, hang out with your brother (LOL) and let me know when you get your lens to get some tips! *_*

    ReplyDelete