Saturday, May 23, 2009

torrey-day one (saturday).

well, torrey started out being pretty rainy, but that didn't stop us from doing some exploring.
saturday morning, we woke up and grandma made us waffles, bacon, coffee . . . the whole bit, and it was delicious!  she always spoils us :) 

after that, we drove out to capital reef national park and went to the gifford farm to visit this cute little gift-shop/historical trading post.

IMG_1970
IMG_1972
IMG_1973
IMG_1971
IMG_1978

grandpa dave.
IMG_1975

grandma dallyne.
IMG_1976
IMG_1981
IMG_1980
IMG_1979

isn't this ice cream cooler so sweet?!
IMG_1985
IMG_1986
IMG_1988
IMG_1991
IMG_1995


then we got (delicious!) lattes at this cute little coffee shop.
IMG_2001


and ate delicious, "home-cookin"-style food the sunglow cafe.
IMG_2004
IMG_2007


followed by some cowboy poetry and fantastic music.
IMG_2021


aren't my grandparents so cute?
IMG_2025
IMG_2016
IMG_2011

day one was fantastic.  later tonight, i will post more pictures from today (a.k.a. day two)  :)  

have a lovely afternoon!

6 comments:

  1. your family is so cute!!
    i love the photos of the vintage kitchen appliances and vintage aprons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like fun! I'm totally jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous pictures maddie! and i loved your stitches story :) if it helps...me being a nurse and all, it really doesn't matter, a butt is just another butt...but it's hilarious to hear a patient's point of view :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that little gift shop place is to die for! I LOVE the dishes.........vibrant reds and blues...love them! I loved the dress form also. Man I am so jealous you got to go exploring and find such great things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get over how much I love your photos - you're so talented! The photos from the hotel - the cup, the phone, the lens cap etc... just brilliant! You should post about how you learnt your craft, and any tips are great...I just got a new camera (my first proper camera) and I'm sooo new to all this and I know what I want in my head, just not sure how to do it... but I really want to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your grandparents are ABSOLUTELY adorable! i can actually see a bit of resemblance.

    and this looks like it was one of the best days ever. everything in that shop was so quaint and sweet (i love the ice cream cooler too). :)

    i'm glad you got some good coffee this weekend!

    ReplyDelete