Monday, September 28, 2009

i spent the evening creating . . .

i decided that, with all of these photoshoots and events coming up,
that i needed a planner/date book to keep track of everything!
so, i spent my night at home creating a
completely made-from-scratch planner!

somehow, i made a HUGE mess . . .
IMG_5001
IMG_4999
IMG_5003
IMG_5005
as soon as things started to come together, i got super excited!

i have these classic martha stewart alphabet cards
with cute animals, their names, and the letter their names begin with . . .
i thought the hedgehog would be cute for fall! :)
not sure why . . . hehe.
IMG_5015

i created pages for dates, contacts, and notes/ideas in indesign.
IMG_5016
IMG_5025
IMG_5031

then i created little divider pages for each section . . .
IMG_5027

and i made this little pouch in the back for business cards :)
IMG_5037


and, the final result!
IMG_5043
IMG_5040

(i know, the pictures aren't too great.  by the time i finished, it was midnight and
i have a basement bedroom . . . so.  artificial light.  sorry peeps! i'm so ashamed  . . . )



well, that's it for me!  i hope everybody has a wonderful night!

-m.e.

16 comments:

  1. oooo! i LOVE it! i made a planner for myself once. it was cool...but nowhere near as cool as the one you made! you should sell these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dates and notes book! Never in a month of Sundays could I make one as good as yours ... It's damn gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! I love it! I want you to make me one! So I can keep track of all my TV shows and really important business stuff..yeah...

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's beautiful! i wish i had those artistic skills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weird. I was doing this same thing is...except just organizing all my crafty crap stuff.
    I love what you did. Super cute. Super fun!! I need to do something like this...inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your planner! I have a planner addiction and I love buying new ones to reorganize everything. I love the idea of making my own though. Yours came out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like such fun Maddie! I love the way it came out and you make simple scenarios look like complete artwork... great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best feeling ever is when you are done! This looks like such a fun project! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those holes look like they were drilled out perfectly. Who did that? Seriously, the planner looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw, thanks for all of your comments guys! i love you all! this was a fun project, i recommend trying it. crafting is so relaxing sometimes . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey maddie! i don't even know you but this post is really inspiring me to go create something! it really looks so cool... how cool is it that you made your own planner?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree that crafting is relaxing, but inevitably I mess up and then I get really mad so it's a catch-22 really.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Maddie! Congratulations, you won the Undergrowth design giveaway!! :) Please contact me at felinofelice@ymail.com with your mailing address so that I can forward that on to Tina!

    ReplyDelete